Lansdowne Honeymoon Destination & Travel Guide for Couples
Best time to visit Lansdowne:
January, March, April, May, October, November, December,
Lansdowne romantic honeymoon destination is also famous for : Evolving, Hill Station, Lake, Peaceful, Secluded,
, a hill cantonment town, is highly popular tourist destination in Uttarakhand
, particular for the last decade. Each year, thousands of tourists from different parts of India as well as tourists from far-off foreign countries come to Lansdowne for a vacation. The town is beautifully green, with rich birdlife. It’s a great place for birdwatchers and trekkers. Not much of local sights to see around the town, however include ‘Tip’ n Top’, the highest point with a good view, Bhulla taal, a tiny picnic spot, The Garhwal rifles museum, two pretty churches and a Santoshi mata temple situated on a hill top with excellent view. Eating out options are quite limited. The main square of Gandhi chowk has a couple of restaurants that serve decent food. Overall Lansdowne is an excellent weekend getaway for nature-lovers, and those who like quiet holidays.
A honeymoon is the traditional trip taken by newlyweds to celebrate their marriage. It helps the couple to understand the other in their privacy, talk openly, have some fun, spend some fruitful time, to build a great friendship, which is the foundation to a great life-long companionship.
Lansdowne as Honeymoon Destination (Romantic Getaway)
The salubrious weather and pristine environment of Lansdowne leaves an immortal impact on the couples. It is the perfect place to meditate and rejuvenate soul of newly weds. Lansdowne culture inherited only the good things from its migrants’ cultures.Many couples reaches Lansdowne to Celebrate Maha Shivaratri during February – March and pray for better future with devotion and enthusiasm. Adventure activities like, trekking, bird watching, boating, paddling are highly popular among the newly weds visiting here. Garhwali Mess, Regimental Museum, St. Marry’s Church, Bhulla Tal, Tip-In-Top and Tarkeshwar Mahadev are places to see in the town.
Why Visit Lansdowne as Romantic Getaway?
- The thick Oak trees and blue pine woods make the environment of the surrounding forest challenging for the adventurous tourist.
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple here, is believed that the offerings here makes the wishes of the devotees be fulfilled. Mahashivarathri is celebrated annually with grandeur.
- Kanvashram is bordered by thick forests and hillocks, making it a beautiful place for feasting the eyes of tourists.
Things to consider
- Peak summers are not advisable, as the weather is on the warmer side.
- Not much of local sights to see around the town.
- No eating joints or good restaurants, for food dependance on hotel inhouse restaurants only
- No Shopping and night life