Darjeeling, West Bengal, IndiaDarjeeling
the dream land of the East, where the breath of the Himalayas surrounds the traveler and the deep green valleys sing all around. This is the place where, the world’s most fabled tea is born. A tea that echoes mystery and magic in every sip. Apart from this, Darjeeling is a scenic town, an ideal place for a peaceful and exotic honeymoon in India
.Darjeeling plays host to the world's rarest animals, the Himalayan Red Panda and the exlusive Snow Leopard. Kanchenjunga, third highest mountain in the world, is the main attraction for tourists here in Darjeeling. Kanchenjunga meaning "The Five Treasures of Snows", contains five peaks, the treasures representing the five repositories of God, which are gold, silver, gems, grain, and holy books. Do not miss to experience the breathtaking sunrise at Tiger Hill which changes the mighty Himalayas into a myriad of colors. This place offers you a few shopping options too.
Darjeeling as Honeymoon Destination (Romantic Getaway)
Honeymoon is the time for the couple to spend some unforgettable moments alone after they have become married. It gives them time to celebrate the beginning of their life together. Darjeeling is a fascinating place rich in natural beauty and not less than perfect to hangout with your soul mate. Find yourself in between the Buddhist monasteries, Tea plantations with the combination of valleys, bubbling brooks, exotic wildlife and streams making an irresistible place. Darjeeling has been famous for its Tea with a particular aroma.Apart from all the above, you will find goodies like curios, carpets, jewelry, wood carvings, woven fabrics, Himalayan Handicrafts, silk and handloom products in local market. Catch a view of the Kanchenjunga peak, third highest mountain in the world. Happy Valley Estate, Senchal Lake, Zoological Gardens, Botanical Gardens and Batasia Loop are jewels of this tourist destination.
Why Visit Darjeeling as Romantic Getaway?
- Sunrise from Tiger Hill looks like a ball of fire emerging from the bosom of the earth transforming the snowy cold ranges into a fiery crimson.
- NIGHTINGALE (SHRUBBERY) Park is a scenic shrubbery park with beautiful waterfalls emanating from Shiva temple.
- Tukvar Valley tea Estate floating high above lush green valley and tea garden provide a scenic View.
- Natural History Museum has a wide range of collection of preserved reptiles, birds, butterflies and other insects.
- Playing host to two of the world’s rarest animals, the Himalayan Red Panda and the elusive Snow Leopard.
Things to consider
- Avoid to visit this destination during Monsoon season.
Best Time to Visit Darjeeling
Known for both conducive and fatal weather conditions, the best season to visit this place is May – June & September – November. Visit the various ranges, zoos, tourist spots, Restaurants in Darjeeling, but cover up yourself properly to protect yourself from the frost bites.
Best Season: May – June & September – November
Summers: April till June
Winters: December to February
Monsoons: July/ August